Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Feeling Better Despite The Rainy Day

Not going to write a long post like the last few but I wanted to note that I feel more positive even though things haven't really changed.  I'm tired from the kids not being on the same sleep schedule last night and went to bed late last night.  I was scheduled to work a Red Cross blood drive at Plainville High School and it reminded me of "the good ol' days" of high school; or maybe how I want to remember them. Either way, sitting around with a bunch of 17-year-old laughing and joking didn't make me feel old; it made me feel good that I was able to not only make someone laugh, but they did the same for me.

I'm looking forward to volunteering at NYCC next weekend and managed to get some more hours added to my schedule which is SWEET!  I'm working two areas: Panels Hall A and Artists Alley!  One of the guys got an apartment and I'm looking to bunk with them, otherwise I'm going to take the train back and forth with Patrick.  I should probably make a list of the things I want to pack so I don't forget anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment