Saturday, September 22, 2012

Inspired at the right time...

After reading my best friend's post about her struggle and how she endured, I could only feel inspired to take pen to paper (or in this case, fingers to keyboard) and get out my long and winding road of disappointment, joy, sadness, and gratitude.  She made mention of QT's infamous character known as "The Bride" aka Beatrix and how her struggles have mirrored her own.  Of course, she was not made part of an assassination team, shot in the head at the alter, drugged and buried under a false name, and taken 88 crazy Chinese men in one blood bath of a fight...but it would have been easier.  I only speak out of camaraderie because there are certain people out there who deserve the "five-point-palm-exploding-heart technique" Mind you, I'm not promoting the death of these people but maybe, if faced with this stark reality, they wouldn't feel so at ease to shit on those they once professed to love.

Her comments come at the right time because the road we have chosen is not the easiest but it's the right one and it is, unfortunately, a very long one with constant adversity that challenge our resolve.  When faced with the grim reality of the situation at that particular moment, it can feel like it's not worth the fight; the worst nightmare is inevitable no matter how much courage or fight you have.  Then comes that voice of reason, of hope declaring with a strong, unwavering voice that you can, and will, prevail.  To my crazy cat lady, my sister on the battlefield called life: Thank you.

1 comment:

  1. Puuuurrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!! And remember we catlady's have snuggly purrrs, but pointy claws to those who do us wrong! My goal is to post daily-prepping for NaNo 2012-you should do that too! I have a story to write, started my research already! <3

    ReplyDelete