Saturday, March 30, 2013

I'm back!

After a very long hiatus, I decided I should write that my life has taken a 180 degree turn.  I'm pleased to announce that I have a job as a Medical Assistant for a detox/addiction hospital called Stonington Institute. After my first day working with clients, I feel this is my calling in life.  Corny, I know but this feeling of being a non-judgmental pillar of strength for these people is something that comes very naturally to me.  The staff make me feel welcome which is something that I haven't felt in its entirety since I worked for the Visiting Nurses of Southeastern CT.  Many times I heard, "Oh, you're going to fit in nicely here." which gave me a warm, fuzzy feeling.

I'm still waiting for the wonderful afterglow of my work but at least I know the benefits are coming.  Winter is finally over and I can bask in the warm sunshine of Spring; literally and metaphorically.

A downer this week was my computer decided to crash and my hard drive died.  Thanks to my father and brother (who traveled from Norwalk to New London TWICE) I have a computer again.  I'm hopeful that the data can be retrieved from my old hard drive since it has all my music but more importantly, all the pictures of my kids.  I shall remain positive.

No comments:

Post a Comment